REPRINT FROM MARKETINGPROFS.COM
Of the 600 SMBs surveyed in 3Q13, nearly a quarter (24%) now use Twitter to advertise and promote, up from 22% in 2012 and 16% in 2011.
Other key findings regarding SMBs use of Twitter include:
- 26% of SMBs surveyed rate the quality of lead sources from Twitter as good or excellent, up from 23% in 2012.
- 34% currently have Twitter accounts, and another 42% are planning to add an account.
- 47% of SMBs with Twitter accounts report tweeting daily, and 31% tweet weekly.
- SMBs perceived return on investment for Twitter spends has increased over the past three years—31% now rate the ROI as excellent or extraordinary, compared with 25% in 2012, and 17% in 2011.
Below, additional key insights from the report.
SMBs and Social Media
- 72% of SMBs surveyed now use social media to promote their businesses.
- 66% say they are extremely or very engaged with their customers on social media.
- 54% report having a Facebook presence, 33% are on LinkedIn, and 25% use Google+.